Friday, 25 May 2012

Doesn't time fly?

So, we're now only 2 weeks, 1 day from our assault on Hampshire & Wiltshires countryside. The weather has kindly relented and "training" is underway, though how much is subject to debate!

Yesterday, Sue & I took the company's cheque for £800 to Naomi House, the cost of entry for our 40 walkers. Sadly, those walkers have become 38, yet I remain hopeful that we will hit 40 by Sunday 10th June.

The biggest part of our team is that of Jake Pemberton and his family. For those of you who don't know Jake, he is very likely to be undertaking the walk in a variety of hi-viz vests!!!

I am aware of many of our number raising goodly amounts of cash via the good old fashioned sponsor form. However, that is to the detriment of our online account. Maybe I'm being too hopeful. The current £900+ given is tremendous, but with 30 participants, I'd like to feel we could do so much more! So come on, as we get ever nearer and the weather gets ever warmer, the challenge ahead is beginning to size up. It will not be easy, infact it will be bloody hard, but it will certainly be well worth the pain...as long as we raise a goodly amount for Naomi House...

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/team/VXWinchester

No comments:

Post a Comment