Saturday, 9 June 2012

Here we go....

Training was badly hampered by the weather, so it's right & proper that tomorrows forecast is for rain. Rain, rain and more rain. Infact, nothing but rain.

I've managed plenty of training. Last weekend I managed a 20 mile warm up...by mistake. I set off walking down the River Hamble, then turned down the Solent. At Hill Head, I checked my watch, realised I'd been walking for 4 hours and had a dinner party in 3 hours time. I realised I had to find my way back across land, as the coastal route was too long. I'd even look for a bus stop... I thought I'd found a shortcut across a farm estate, and after much walking through woods and across fields...I came back to where I had started! That being the entrance to the estate, not where I'd parked the car. After getting lost, I had to run the last few miles back to the car, which I somehow managed and just about got to Dave & Kate's for dinner. A great, if slightly unplanned, work out.

I undertook this walk on the day that I should have been at Buckingham Palace, with fellow walker, Sue Munro. However, due to certain errors...my Dad went instead. The link being....

....we're going to get a right royal soaking tomorrow. At least Sue has a Royal poncho to wear!

http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/team/VXWinchester

No comments:

Post a Comment